If you are applying for the Philosophy MA program or PhD program using the online application system, you are required to upload scanned copies of documents as part of your program application. It is not necessary to send original transcripts until you have been accepted into the program, as a condition of your acceptance. Instructions about scanned documents required and details of how to submit appropriate scanned copies are included within the online application.
Applications for September 2018 will open October 15, 2017.
Applicants must submit an online application along with all supporting documents by the application deadline: Monday, January 8, 2018.
It is recommended that international students apply by Friday, December 1, 2017 to ensure full consideration for all funding opportunities.
- Apply for Fall 2018 https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/apply-online
- Submit scanned transcripts from all post-secondary institutions. Instructions about scanned documents required and details of how to submit appropriate scanned copies are included within the online application.
- Three confidential letters of reference.
- Write a brief statement of your interests in philosophy (Max 600 words).
- Upload a short, recent paper (15-20 pages) that gives an indication of your ability to criticize, analyze or develop philosophical arguments, preferably in the area in which you wish to specialize.
- Evidence of English Language proficiency is required for applicants from a university outside of Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction. Tests must have been taken with the last 2 years at the time of submission of your application.