The UBC Philosophy Department Invites You to…
The new term! Welcome! The Philosophy Department at UBC is more than a roster of faculty and philosophy courses. So we’re reaching out to students to alert them to some of the other things we do and offer. You are warmly invited to get involved or to reach out to us with any questions.
Of possible interest, we have:
- An Undergraduate Philosophy Students’ Association
- Friday colloquium talks throughout the term
- An undergraduate philosophy journal
- “Meet the Profs” lunches (FREE PIZZA!)
- Advising for undergraduates majoring and minoring or doing honours degrees in philosophy, or just interested in planning their philosophical studies, or thinking about what to do with their philosophy studies
- Essay clinics for students writing philosophy papers
- Occasional special events involving distinguished speakers, conferences, or workshops
- Opportunities to meet other interesting students and faculty, and to stay up-to-date with goings-on around the department
You do not have to major (or minor) in philosophy to be part of departmental activities! Just being interested in philosophy or your philosophy courses is all that is needed.
If you would like to keep up with events in the UBC Philosophy Department, you can do any/all of the following:
- Connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UBCPhilosophy/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/UBCPhilosophy
- To receive messages from Undergraduate Philosophy Students’ Association, contact them at: email@example.com
- Fill out the form below to be added to our departmental emailing list.
Yes, I’d like to receive updates and event information from the UBC Philosophy Department.