Ph.D. Princeton University
Office Hours – 2023W:
- On leave 2023W
My work is mainly concerned with philosophical issues that arise from the attempt to understand the mind scientifically. I also work on issues concerning the aesthetics of literature.
- Understanding Mental Disorder: A Philosophical Approach to the Medicine of the Mind, Co-authored with Daniel Lafleur and Holly Onclin, Routledge, 2019.
- The Unexplained Intellect: Complexity, Time, and the Metaphysics of Embodied Thought, Routledge, 2016 (Paperback, January 2019).
- Attention is Cognitive Unison: An Essay in Philosophical Psychology, Oxford University Press, December 2010 (Paperback, August 2013).
- “Wittgenstein on the Duration and Timing of Mental Phenomena,” British Journal for the History of Philosophy, 26(6): 1153-1173.
- “Enactive Processing of the Syntax of Sign Language,” Co-authored with Graham Turner, Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences, 18(12): 317-332.
- “Are There Special Mechanisms of Involuntary Memory?” The Review of Philosophy and Psychology, 8(3): 557-571.
- “Real Objective Beauty,” The British Journal of Aesthetics, 56(4): 367-381.
Additional Department Role