The UBC Philosophy Department is more than a roster of faculty and philosophy courses. We’d like to warmly invite you to get involved or to reach out to us with any questions. You do not have to major or minor in philosophy to take part.
We have a wide variety of ways you can get involved:
- Opportunities to meet and engage with peers and faculty
- Our New Majors Cohort Program
- Our annual colloquia series
- The Philosophy Essay Clinic
- An undergraduate Philosophy Students’ Association
- An undergraduate philosophy journal
- Special events including distinguished speakers, conferences, or workshops
- Advising for philosophy studies at all levels
Join our mailing list
Fill out the form below to be added to our department’s mailing list. If you join this list, you can expect to receive monthly newsletters outlining upcoming philosophy-related opportunities and events, as well as department news.
Stay connected with us on social media
Get involved beyond the classroom
New Majors Cohort Program
Build relationships with fellow philosophy undergrads during the first year of your major, combined major, or honours program.